Human Freedom Index
Human freedom is an inherently valuable social concept that recognizes the dignity of individuals. Human freedom enables and empowers people to do as they please, free from constraints or punishments, so long as it does not impinge upon the freedom of another. Human freedom plays a huge role in human progress. (Source: World Population Review)
Read more on human freedom index by country
- Liberalist Centre Trains Journalists on Pro-freedom Reporting, Launches News MagazineThe Liberalist Centre for Education is a Nigeria-based libertarian think tank promoting pro-freedom ideas for human flourishing.
- ‘Are we drinking petrol?’ — Former CBN Governor exposes Nigeria’s subsidy disasterThe former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria lamented the corruption in the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the effect of the country’s subsidy.
- Free medical services to 100 million Nigerians a perverted fantasyDesperate politicians would choose to ignore the impossibility signal — no matter how obvious that is — and promise people free stuff to amass votes.
- Nigerian rich are taxed enoughMore tax for the rich would not enrich the poor, but can make businesses disappear and make people lose their jobs.
- Law perversion: An overview of Nigerian political system in a French essayFirst published in 1850, Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, “The Law”, captures the real picture of the present-day Nigerian situation. By Shereefdeen Ahmad Any Nigerian reading Frederic […]
Journalism for Liberty
Journalists have the responsibility of keeping the people informed and holding the government accountable. And because of its objective nature, people tend to believe everything they see in the media. Unfortunately, sometimes, the media promote the ideas against the principle of liberty. This project aims at educating and building a community of journalists who report to promote the ideas of liberty, peace, free market and limited government.
Objectivism Caravan targets to address the stereotypical ideology of collectivism above individualism. We intend to change the climate of ideas by educating the people about the philosophy of Objectivism. The project will engage youths, undergraduate students and recent graduates, through physical events, book reading and writing competitions.
The influence of books on the readers cannot be overestimated. Experts say we become what we read; every reader can testify to this. For this reason, we aim to establish a bookstore, starting online, where libertarian books published anywhere in the world be made available for our audience in Africa. This project aims at spreading the philosophy of liberty by cultivating a culture of reading libertarian books among the readers.